Friday, September 28, 2007

Bottling Day

My home brew has been bubbling away for just over a week so it was time to bottle. It is school holiday time here and a few of the kids in the street are getting bored. So with their parent's consent I have had them giving me a hand with this week's home brewing. The other day they helped me wash the bottles and today they returned for the bottling. The two older boys don't find school all that much fun. It seems the only times I ever spoke with them was to get off someone's lawn or whatever.

This was a chance for us all to do something together and allow me to be a bit more positive with them. After the bottling it was time for a quick swim. Still cool though in the pool, about 21 degrees.

However we have a hot day here today, it was about 35 in the back corner of the garden an hour ago (it is a pretty warm spot there!). We should get a cool sea breeze in soon after lunch. Currently the temp has fallen back by 4 degrees (the breeze is coming in) and the humidity is low 50%. Hopefully the pool will heat up a bit.

Out for dinner with friends tonight then tomorrow Det and Brenda will come up from the Gold Coast to watch the Football grand final. It will be a huge day! They will stay overnight returning home Sunday afternoon.

I was sent a folder full of animated gifs (a picture file format) with which I have been having fun. That is where the "Guess Who" came from.

No comments: