Monday, September 04, 2017

Day Of Rest

Yes it is Monday and I am declaring it a day of rest.  Despite it being Monday today, it is a day off for me.  As the photo shows I am putting cladding along the back fence just as I have done to one of the side fences.  It is ideally a 2 person job but with Trish involved with an Arts Centre Exhibition over the weekend, it was left to just me to get this much done.

The task is made more difficult than previously because the back fence slopes from left to right, there are border stones to consider and bits and pieces need removing between the pergola and the fence.  You ideally need two people to maneuver the 6'x3' sheets into place, level them and then screw them to the wall.  The fence has the fence posts to deal with as well which means one sheet needs to be cut into smaller pieces so they will fit.

But I managed to cut two of  the sheets so they would fit around a concrete knob on one fence post, either side.  This time as well, I decided to paint the sheets prior to putting them up.

It was around 26° during the day so it was thirsty work.  When it was tools down it was glasses up and I suspect the ensuing drinks makes me feel less than 100% this morning. I still have the hassle of having a sheet cut into 1x40cm and 1x45cm wide pieces.  This cladding isn't easy to cut unless you have special tools (which I do not). And that is the hassle caused by having fence posts to maneuver around.

Trish's days were extremely successful with heaps of new people visiting the Arts Centre.  The planning group were delighted with the attendance figures and it was an outstanding PR exercise.

I got a brew on as well so I again have a bottle washing day as well as a bottling day sometime this week.  And I have a Public Meeting to chair this evening as well.

So a quiet day today is in store.

No comments: