Thursday, September 28, 2017

Warm & Windy

The small screenshot was taken from my PC before 8am this morning.  Yet another strong wind warning for us here and I reckon this is the third or fourth strong wind warning we have had in a row.  Of course it isn't much fun bike riding in strong wind which means I have given bike riding a miss the last couple of days.

With this wind comes some unseasonable hot weather so early in the year for us.  It is expected to get to the mid 30's today and again tomorrow.

We still enjoy cooler nights though and with a mere 25° as a top yesterday at least there is some respite.  The pool is hovering around 23° right now (mid morning) and might hit 25° later in the day.  Now that's delightful for swimming!

Summer must be getting closer, the Waeco was set up on Tuesday just outside the back door ready to supply icy cold drinks during the swimming season!

But for me I have been getting the Community Newsletter together for printing next week. I finished that off earlier this morning so now it is wait till the postie arrives bringing my latest toy all the way from China.  I am looking forward to setting it up and just seeing what exactly it can do.

Speaking of streaming stuff, we finished series 5 of "Suits" last night and we think we will give it a rest for a while.  We are also into the most recent season of "The Americans" which has been sitting on the Hard drive for a couple of months.  But being 13 episodes it tends to be strung out a little too much nowadays.

I think I am getting old you know.  We watched the movie "Baby Driver" during the week.  It is a recent movie and rates around 8 on IMDB which is a great score for a movie.  there was action a plenty, a reasonable story but hardly worth an 8 I thought.  Trish did more of her "Word" game on her tablet than watching the movie I am afraid.

I managed to get a printer up and running for a friend yesterday, showed another older guy how to rip CD's and put them on a USB so he now play music and listen in his car.  I seem to get out every day or so to help out someone with a Computer problem.

I will put another brew on tomorrow morning with the obligatory 'bottle washing' and 'bottling' to follow next week.

Now I am waiting for the new doorbell to ring for the postie with my new toy! 

There it goes now ........

No comments: