Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Back Home Again

The footy at the MCG was again extremely enjoyable.  On the final Saturday of our stay in Melbourne I saw Collingwood defeat Melbourne which eventually meant Melbourne failed to make the 2017 final series.  The win by Collingwood was unexpected.  It was a very enjoyable day.  The photo left shows the view of the ground from the Glass walled bar just behind where I like to sit.  That's my drink in the foreground!

It is just under an hour in the train to get home from the footy.  The next day I checked my 'account' and saw the return trip by train had cost me around $3 which makes for an inexpensive day out.  This was more than offset by the $8 price of the schooner of beer you see in the photo above.

Before the game got underway I sat in a lounge chair and listened to the latest footy news via a radio app on my phone.  This photo shows the view from where I was sitting.  There is yet another large bar on the level below which is quite pleasant in the afternoon sun.  You can see the entry turnstiles in the level below the bar.

Click on both photos for a larger view.

Sunday was pack our things day and head across to Chris' place near to Tullamarine Airport for our Monday morning flight home.  What was good about the Sunday was the whole family got together for a really fun day.  It was an excellent way to finish our brief time in Melbourne.

Chris dropped us at the airport around 7:15 am on the Monday and we settled down to wait our time for take off at 10:15 am.  The flight home was uneventful.  We collected our car from the Car Park and were home around 2:30pm.

On Tuesday I collected a parcel which had been delivered while we were in Melbourne.  It is the 'WiFi extender' which you can see in the photo.  It was a special deal and cost me around $12 delivered.  After setting it up it works fine and gives us quite a strong WiFi signal in the master bedroom.  It had always been reasonable but now it is fine.

I have fitted the WiFi unit into one of the two overseas power boards I have.  It runs off a USB port and these power boards come with several of them.  

So I am back on the bike again doing 15k's on Tuesday and 21k's today.  A couple of night's sleep in our bed has been great as well.

So things have got back to normal pretty quickly.  Back to shorts and a polo top and lovely days of temperatures in the low 20's.  Trish has a bit of a cold but that hasn't stopped her getting back into Stitchers and the Caloundra Arts Centre Association.

There's no place like home!

No comments: