Monday, February 27, 2017

It's Monday and It's Cool!


It is around 30° today with a lovely cool southerly blowing all the way through the house.  The doors and windows are wide open and the curtains are blowing in the breeze.  There have been some storm clouds around as well but we haven't received anything substantial yet apart from the very odd shower.

I picked the bike up late on Thursday and it was no better than when I left it to be repaired.  It seems the noise is only bad when the bike is under some sort of load and being ridden.  So to have it on a stand and turn the pedals isn't going to recreate the problem.  It will be fixed on the spot this time and is booked in for Wednesday at 11 am.  The guy said it is probably a bearing and will require new parts to fix it properly.

We have had the lifting mould replaced on the car.   They fitted it at no charge and we paid $85 for the part.  I still believe we were ripped off.

My mini-keyboard arrived today from China.  It is absolutely ideal for what I want to use it for.  This is the item which 'went missing' previously and I received a refund for it.  It works perfectly on the Nvidia Shield.  I continue to be absolutely delighted with the Shield.  Last night we watched "Fences" starring Denzil Washington.  As it turned out the copy I had downloaded was quite grainy so we streamed a perfect 1080p copy instead via the Nvidia Shield.  It worked perfectly! (1080p is High Definition).

The Test Cricket on telly from India was awesome.  Awesome is a word I don't like to use but the effort by the Aussies in this match can only be described as awesome!

This morning I bottled my most recent brew.  I cleaned up and was just about to head off on an abbreviated bike ride when there was a 5 minute downpour, enough to make everything wet and sloppy.  This was enough for me to cancel the ride altogether!

On Saturday afternoon we took a free tour of the new hospital just about to open here on the Sunny Coast.  It will be the largest hospital precinct in the southern hemisphere when it opens in a few weeks time.  It was great and we will be so lucky to have such a wonderful facility right on our doorstep!  They had demos of putting on casts and we were able to check out the wards as well.  70% of beds will be in single bed rooms.

One person on the tour described the hospital wards as a home away from home.  It has all the latest mod cons, free wi-fi, electronics to burn and huge waiting rooms and facilities.  It is tremendous.  I can hardly wait to get sick!  The new 'cheap' phone from china takes a reasonable photo too!


No comments: