Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Hot Sunday

It is nudging 37° in the backyard just before lunch on Sunday.  There is a good chance of thunderstorms later in the day and hopefully a good drop of rain but we will have to wait and see.

Nowadays I try to do a longer bike ride on a Sunday.  I can then afford the odd 'bludge' day or two later in the week and do quite a few less k's but still maintain a good weekly total.  I managed almost 23k's this morning, not bad for a 71 year old!

The fixing of the rubber moulding on the car roof didn't pan out as well as would be expected.  I believe their response has not been reasonable but the outcome is we pay for the part (albeit at a reduced rate) and they will fit it.  But it is $90 I now have to spend because I didn't want to front up two days after I bought the car with a piffling minor problem to annoy them with, a piece of minor lifting rubber moulding!

Thanks to everyone who went to the trouble of contacting me (mainly via Facebook) to pass on their wishes to me for my recent birthday.  It was great and very much appreciated.

This bout of hot weather has only been for a couple of days and things are expected to cool off tomorrow again.  But it is the rain we desperately need.  Our front yard is steepish.  With the lack of rain the grass has died off and the ground has become rock hard.

We get a bit of a storm and the water just runs straight off it.  So we need bucket loads to soften the soil again and to get the grass to regrow.

The view in the photo is the view I get after beer o'clock up here.  I sit under the pergola, cool ale in hand and sit back and purvey my 'kingdom'.  It is extremely pleasant. The photo was taken by my new (and very expensive for me) $240 phone from China.  It is a Xiaomi Brand, one of China's top selling brands.  You can buy Xiaomi phones in Australia if you look hard enough.

Reviews by world wide reviewers give it an excellent report and describe it as great bang for your buck.  I am satisfied with it and especially love the 32GB storage and access to 4G.

I spent this morning re setting up my main go to "Kodi" program my new Android TV Box.  Previously I copied the main user files from one device to the next.  I have exactly the same version of Kodi (called SPMC) on my PC, my tablet and both my Android TV Boxes.  It is the same settings, everything.  You can just copy the major 320MB userfiles from one device to the other and it runs pretty well.

So now I should have a slimmer and more effective cleaned out version of SPMC on my devices.

Footy on TV this afternoon, T-20 Cricket on TV tonight and the air con humming away with a cold home brew in hand should take care of the rest of Sunday.

There is a UK TV Series called "Unforgotten" which played last year.  A second series of "Unforgotten" aired in the UK earlier this month.  If you like a good detective police series, keep your eye open for the 6 episode series 2 of "Unforgotten".

No comments: