Monday, November 16, 2015

Read My Blog Or Watch the Perth Test?

What a decision to make, read this blog entry or watch the Perth Test match?  Which is the more dull and
less exciting to do?  Both are pretty chronic at the moment aren't they?

Not much news around about at this stage.

Our "Holiday Club" membership has been cancelled and following a phone call today we were told to return the 'kit' that we received at sign up and then all monies would be refunded.

Computer Club was very quiet on Saturday which meant there was no rush to get things done.  I could take my time and ensure everything went according to plan.

My 'new' chair has an updated 'protective covering'.  I do tend to perspire a lot so something like as you see in the photo above is required to protect the fabric, despite it already being 'scotch guarded'.  Sitting in the chair is a sure way to fall asleep if you are even just a little on the tired side.

I have updated the old laptop to Windows 10 just for the fun of it.  With a special connecting device I bought I am now able to put what is on the old laptop screen onto the TV which is great if I needed to use Kodi with it for TV and movie show watching.

The connection isn't quite 100% but I would want to try it for an extended time to see if the picture 'holds' and doesn't start 'flickering' again.  The old laptop's hardware just isn't quite able to do it, it nearly does it but not 100% it seems.

This was a major reason for updating the laptop to Windows 10 in the hope that improved Windows 10 graphics drivers would be able to hold the picture.

I bike rode this morning and our weather looks like warming up again.  The 22mls of rain we got overnight Saturday into Sunday has done the garden the world of good.  Low 30's later in the week looks like perfect swimming in the pool weather.

No comments: