Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday

It is late Friday morning.  Trish is at Quilters but more importantly the promised cooler wind change has arrived early dropping the temp back to a very pleasant 29°.  Which coincidentally is about the same temp as the pool!

This morning it was a bright clear sky and the temp was nudging 35° outside when I did my 12.5k bike ride.  The north wester was relatively quiet so there wasn't the wind hassles I have been having with leaves in the pool from next door.

Then the clouds rolled in and the wind switched to the south (despite showing it blowing from the east via the wind vane in the photo).  So we have a pleasant afternoon in store for watching the golf from Sydney or the Test cricket from Adelaide.

Yesterday was blistering hot.  We decided to just make sure the air conditioner was working and cool off inside just a little.  The air con wouldn't start and when I checked the switchboard, I saw the AC power switch had flicked off indicating most likely there had been a short somewhere.  I couldn't get it to go.

I have called from a repair guy to look at it.

I have just been told the Waeco has been fixed.  The fan had stopped working which caused the fridge to operate almost continually.  This in turn 'fried' the power lead.  I will pick it up Monday morning and give it a good test run before we head south.

But then things happen in threes don't they!

As you may have noticed I am keen on the Android TV Box.  The one I have has its problems so I have bought myself a new much better model for Christmas and my birthday.  It is a Minix Neo X8H Plus.  JB HiFi will sell you one for around $285.  I have found one online for around $180 delivered.  I should have it in a week or so.

Trish's new phone also bought online remains classified as "Collection: Shenzhen (guangdong) - CHINA".  It has been like that for a few days now.  Such is the joy of dealing with purchases from China!

Last night we had a meal at the local Caloundra Bowls Club.  Good basic fare it was.  I enjoyed my roast beef very much.

The two TV shows we are watching right now are "The Man in the High Castle" and "Masters of Sex".  I am really enjoying the former.  It tells of life in the USA had the Japanese and Germans won the war.  Half the US is called the "New Reich States".  It is all very interesting to watch.

Time to fire up the TV for a sport watching afternoon.

No comments: