Wednesday, November 18, 2015

It's Warming Up

We are looking forward to the low 30's later this week but the overnight temps will remain in the high teens.  If ever you wanted to visit the Sunshine Coast, this time of the year, November, is the month to do it.  Usually we have warm daytime temperatures along with not so hot nights.

We are promised some top temps in the low 30's coming up later this week.  It is light around here well before 5 am at the moment!

Thank heavens the test cricket match is over and hopefully a better pitch will be available for the next Test match due to begin late next week.  This week is a watch the golf weekend I think!

I booked the car in to have the power/cigarette lighter points in the dash and the boot checked.  Trish drove the car down around 5 to 8 in the morning and was home with the car around 10 minutes later with it all fixed.  The first guy had stuffed it up.

The original guy was down his main reception man who was on holidays so he was doing two jobs at the one time.  He had forgotten to check the fuse of which I reminded him as I arrived to pick up the car after a service.  He found the faulty fuse and sent a worker to get a replacement.  We chatted along until the spare fuse arrived back which he fitted.  There are a couple of 'spare' spots for spare fuses.  He inadvertently stuck the fuse in a 'spare' spot rather than where it was meant to go.

On Tuesday the auto elec immediately saw the problem, put the fuse back in the correct spot and "We had ignition!"

I managed a bike ride this morning (Weds).  It has been a bit showery overnight the last few nights.  Even a hint of any rain means I don't ride!  Wet roads are more than a hint of rain so I didn't ride the day before.  That it all cleared up beautifully afterwards was all too late.

The more I mess around with Kodi and the Android Box I have bought the more impressed I have been.  Kate described it as a Google TV Box when we were Skyping each other recently.  A little more investigation and I can confirm the Google TV Box can be a distant cousin to what I have. I guess it really comes down to what you call it.  Most commonly the box I have is referred to as an Android TV box.

Apart from an android problem of effectively dealing with HD sound, my unit is just amazing in what it can do!

Trish is tidying up a few chores after Stitchers this morning and I am filling in time writing a Blog entry.  Time to think about another swim I think!

No comments: