Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday Update

I had completed my bike ride by 7:30am this morning.  Trish was off to Stitchers at 7:45am and I am expecting delivery of a new set of reasonable quality in ear headphones for which I needed to be home to collect. 

The better quality ones just work better and the pair I have just bought online has its own volume control built in.  At around $50 to $70 from a local store to get them at $30 delivered seemed a good deal to me.

According to tracking advice they should be delivered any time.  So when the door bell rang at around 10am this morning I thought they had been delivered.

But I was mistaken, it was our Passports with the Visas to get into Saudi Arabia being delivered. They came back quite quickly. To have the visa approved is a major task completed.  Just to be on the safe side I have erased some parts of the visa photo above just in case there is a law being broken.

I have put a brew on and then washed bottles already this morning.

The World Cup cricket semi finals begin today so again there will be plenty of sport to watch today and for the next few days.  We (Trish mainly) are in the throes of sorting out how to organize our money while we are away.  It is a little over three weeks now until we head off.

My internet connection remains at patchy.  During downloads I probably suffer at least one drop out per day.  But now at least it reconnects again within 20 seconds.  If you weren't in the midst of a download you wouldn't even realize the internet had dropped out.

Fancy in a so called 'well developed" country such as ours we have to put up with 3rd world internet. Here where we live some residents can't get internet access as there just isn't the connection points available!

No comments: