Saturday, March 14, 2015

Saturday

It is just after 7 am on Saturday not long before I get ready to head off to Computer Club.  Things are getting back to normal now that the "Office" has been finished and the new furniture is all up and running.

There are a couple of final minor things needed to be done and these are being completed slowly but surely.  I did a little painting yesterday as one of the shelves on the wall shelving was a piece I had modified from the previous old grey table.  I needed a 100ml wide shelf to attach the switches to. 

Would you believe Bunnings don't sell a 900x100 white shelf?

It is relatively easy just to slide the computer desk out to get access to everything behind it.  I am delighted with the way that has worked out.

I still get the occasional internet drop out, but usually for no longer than 20 seconds before it now reconnects.  It seems changing the 'profile' to a more stable setting allows the modem/router to reconnect successfully.  By the time you realize it has dropped out, it has reconnected again.  Dropouts seem to occur when I am downloading!  I get about 1 dropout per day.

The internet connection still isn't right.  It used to be fantastic but now it is just OK.  The internet speed is the same but the connection just doesn't seem as solid.

We haven't seen a drop of rain here in Caloundra for three weeks.  But several very heavy showers came through overnight and there were 21mls in the gauge this morning.  So topping the pool up a bit from the tap yesterday afternoon was a waste of time and water!

I will most likely cut back on my bike riding just a little.  Currently I ride 6 days per week, weather permitting.  This week with a couple of heavy working days I didn't ride on those days.  I was a lot keener to get back on the bike again after that and the ride was a lot more enjoyable.

We have heard by email that our Visa Applications have been forwarded to the Saudi Embassy in Canberra for stamping.  This is another hurdle successfully crossed.  This time in 4 weeks we will be flying in to Barcelona!

Still heaps of sport on TV at the moment as well as lots of TV shows to watch which I have accumulated!  The sun is back out again here on the Sunshine Coast but the weather has been that little bit cooler.  Yesterday was around 30º and the ceiling fan didn't get turned on till just before lunch.  We slept last night without the fan going.

The forecast tells us to get ready for mid 30's again later in the week though!

No comments: