Thursday, March 13, 2014

Home Brew Buy Up

I have been kept busy recently helping people out with laptops and media players.  As a result my 'tab' at the home brew shop has increased markedly.  I popped in there Tuesday afternoon and found I had a $180 balance.  The photo shows what you can buy from a Home Brew Shop with $180.

I have enough brew mixes for the next few months and I have back ups of hydrometers, seals, taps, bottle brushes and other assorted bits and pieces.
 
Now I have to find room to store it all.

Prior to heading to the Home Brew Shop I caught up with an audiologist who wanted to test my hearing and if necessary adjust my hearing aids.  My hearing is around the same as it has been for the last few years.

She connected my left hearing aid to the computer and entered in my hearing test scores.  This automatically updates the info in the hearing aid so it suits the wearer's needs.  Wow what a difference it has made.

Much of Wednesday was spent sorting out a media player and movies for someone.  I think the person will be well satisfied with what has been done for them and now has to live long enough to watch all they have been provided with.

Last night we headed to the RSL to spend Trish's birthday freebies.  The meal was OK and we enjoyed a few drinks.  It was a "Roy Orbison Tribute Band' playing so the music was great too.  I am not moving so well this morning.

We are heading down to Coolangatta today to spend the evening with good friends Carol and David.  They were planning to visit us but as we are tripping to Melbourne shortly we would have missed them.  Carol has had 'time-share' there for some time so we will spend overnight with them.

Just by chance we will be passing the suburb of Sunnybank around lunch time on our way to Coolangatta so we will grab something to eat there.  Sunnybank is the where many of Brisbane's best and authentic Asian Restaurants are, and in particular "Malaysia Corner".

Needless to say our return trip tomorrow will also see us passing Sunnybank around lunchtime.

We have had some light showers overnight most nights recently.  I managed a bike ride Wednesday morning but all other mornings this week have been washed out.  We have had high 20's most days after the showers clear but this weekend it appears to be warming up again.  Nights are now high teens rather than low 20's and this means the pool loses extra heat overnight.  Most days the pool gets up to around 25 degrees.

No comments: