Saturday, March 08, 2014

Laptops!

I assisted a couple of people at the computer club with their purchase of laptops recently.  They seem pretty happy with their purchases but have needed some follow-up help to get the laptops doing what the people want them to do.

The new laptops require anti-virus, other Malware programs, Microsoft Office in some cases and all their photos etc brought over from their old laptop to the new one.

Then also they require help with Skype, setting up their network, emails etc.

Since Thursday I have done 3 of them, each with their own little hassle of something which didn't work properly.

I don't like to be paid for doing what they want done, instead I suggest they add a 'donation' to my "Tab" at the local Home Brew Shop.

People have been so thankful that I now have a balance at the Home Brew Shop of around $130.  Another person just left an envelope at our home with $50 in it.

One job next week will be to head to the Home Brew Shop and update my supplies. I would suggest $130 at the Home Brew Shop would buy me enough beer mix for around 4 months!

I tell them they should buy a laptop with at least an i5 processor in it.  Most come back saying that usually a laptop from Myer, Harvey Norman etc with an i5 is over $1,000.  Yet all of them have picked one up with an i5 processor in the $600 range.  Dick Smith often have specials over a weekend so they are worth keeping an eye open for.

Another got her laptop from JB Hi Fi.  The price on it was around $750 but she told the guy she only wanted to spend as much as her solar energy rebate cheque of $637.  She bought her i5 laptop for $638!

Today I am off to Computer Club for more computer stuff!

Tomorrow I expect to be a bottle washing day and I will possible bottle the latest brew around Tuesday at this stage.

No comments: