Sunday, June 02, 2013

Trish Home Today

With a break in the showers the last day or so I have been able to catch up on some of the washing.  The bedding was done yesterday and the bathroom stuff is on as I type.

The reason the barking was so quiet next door on Friday was because they took the dog with them!  However it is to attend some obedience training which began yesterday and they were going to follow up on strategies to employ to stop it barking while they are away from home.  We will see.

Ian popped around on Friday afternoon for an extremely pleasant hour or two enjoying the odd ale or three.

The rest of the time since I last wrote on my blog has been addressed to Computer Club and watching the footy on TV.  I had a lady with Windows 8 who couldn't get her computer to fully load up.  She had a program on it called "Spybot" and it had identified a program it needed to get rid of.  Each time you clicked on OK it would begin to remove it and then the same message would pop up again.  And so it went into a cycle, message, OK, message, OK, etc.

You would have 15 seconds or so each time you restarted the laptop to do something before the cycle restarted.  I also found Ctrl-Alt-Delete gave you a few seconds as well before the cycle recommenced.  I got to "Control Panel", the the cycle recommenced.  Ctrl-Alt-Delete the laptop resumed and I got to Programs and Features.  The cycle resumed, Ctrl-Alt-Delete and I selected Spybot Uninstall.  And so it went on until I was eventually able to uninstall Spybot.

It took about 30 minutes to get it done.  The old reliable 'tap the f8 button' to start the computer in "Safe Mode" wouldn't work!

Watched footy for most of the rest of the time. The Friday night game was so boring I watched a bit of the England Vs New Zealand One Day Cricket match instead!  My team won on Saturday night by almost 9 goals against one of the improving lower teams.  However at 3/4 time the scores were level!

Trish flies in just before 2pm today.  I will be collecting her and bringing her home.  I am looking forward to that.  Two weeks on my own is enough I reckon!

No comments: