Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Latest On The Phones

Late last week a new mobile phone SIM card I had ordered arrived from "Kogan".  For $29 a month you get all calls in Australia, all SMS messages and 6GB of Data, all on the Telstra Network (except for the new Telstra 4G).

It was a little difficult to 'press' the card out of the plastic it came in.  It is a either a full size or mini sized SIM I have discovered.  The mini bit came out first and I thought I would try it in my Samsung. You can see the mini bit inside the full SIM card in the picture.

The mini SIM went in OK but didn't come out the same way.  I managed to break a small connector in removing the card.  For all intents and purposes it was now unusable as a phone.  A small dob of solder in the right place (and $25 poorer) the phone was repaired on Monday afternoon. I was a pretty relieved guy I can tell you.  I still have another 4 months of my plan to run.

I got my old Samsung out, charged it up and at least I had a phone.  Now my Smart Phone is repaired all is OK.

Today we bit the bullet and tried the new SIM in Trish's phone.  It is a $49 special and pretty basic.  But it is all that she wants.  We applied online at 1 o'clock and by 3:30 the new Kogan service was up and running.  The hardest bit was getting the "Contacts" across. But all is perfect now.

Much cooler weather the last day or so, low 20's and showery in between bright sunshine.

I chaired a Community Association Public Meeting last night and then put a huge post about it all on the website.  The Solar people were in today and swapped the pool to Tariff 33.  Energex still need to come out and install the new meter and officially turn it all across.

The solar energy is due to be installed on Monday weather permitting!

No comments: