Thursday, May 30, 2013

All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go!

The post below speaks of a gorgeous late autumn day here on the Sunshine Coast.  I can now confirm the Weather Bureau was absolutely spot on with its forecast for Tuesday.  Clouds and showers did roll in later on in the afternoon and have been on and off ever since.  This morning (Thursday) I awoke to blue skies and dressed for my morning bike ride.  We had some heavy showers overnight so I reckoned about 9 am would be a good time to ride as things would have dried up from the overnight rain.

By 8 am more showers had arrived curtailing any ideas I had of bike riding this morning.  The photo shows the sky just before 10 am this morning.

Click on the photo for a larger view.

The TV Series Spartacus has now come and gone.  I have watched a total of 26 episodes over the last week or so while Trish has been in Melbourne.

Eventually 5 of us ventured to The Curry Bowl on Tuesday night for an evening meal and ate till we could eat no more.  At $20 a head it was extremely pleasant.

I am considering Kway Teow Noodles from the Noodle shop in Golden Beach for tonight.  I am also considering heading to the Buderim Meeting of the Computer Club this afternoon, but I may not as well.  I have another TV Series I might check out instead.  If the weather stays like it is right now staying around home becomes a more attractive alternative.

I bottled yesterday so there is another task out of the way.  I was pleased to note there were no further breakages with bottles splitting as I shunted brews around from box to box.  This shunting around keeps the latest brew on the bottom of the pile until it slowly works its way to the top.  Each brew takes up 1.5 boxes.  It takes around 2 months for a box to work its way from the bottom of the pile to the top.

I gave each of the bottles a quick rinse prior to bottling just in case there was any taste contamination possibly arising from the 'sanitizer'.

95% of what I am enjoying from my home brew right now is fine.  Most of the poorer tasting ones have been consumed.  Usually I would mix them in with another brew.  The Lemon Lager brew I made was excellent for this.

No comments: