Monday, May 20, 2013

Day One!

Trish has arrived safely in Melbourne and caught up with Chris' family.  From the brief phone call I had Sunday afternoon it seems Wendy's Mum and Dad are staying there with Chris and Wendy, Wendy's dad has had an operation on his back for a disc problem.  Our youngest daughter Kim had popped over as well.

Spartacus, The Prequel has been 50% watched.  The Spartacus series of TV shows is rather blood thirsty so it is one I watch when Trish heads south.  I will have the final 3 episodes of the Prequel series to watch tonight.

A beautiful day after a somewhat cool (6 degrees) start with some cloud stopping the sun from shining through early.  But by the time I had finished my ride about 8:30 am the clouds were thinning and the day was warming up.  Our back liitle corner gets rather warm and it was showing 25 dgrees recently.

I have cleaned the back of the house, I have washed the windows and given under the patio a good wash down as well.  Windows never look 100% when finished but I reckon it is very close to 95% anyway.  I used the hose on method and it seems to have worked OK.  I quick final wipe over with glass cleaner and a new cloth tidies any missed bits.

Click on the photo for a larger view.

The traditional "Curried Sausages" casserole is bubbling quietly on the stove and that should do me for a couple of meals throughout the week.  I have tried not to make too much this time because come Saturday and if there is still some left I have become sick and tired of it!

Not much more news.  My footy team suffered its first defeat on Saturday in a narrow loss.  I don't think I have seen them make so many unforced errors as they did in the opening of the game.  One hand ball from one of our best players hit an opponent on the chest about 15 metres out for a 'gimme' goal.  When you lose by 6 points, that sort of play comes back to haunt you.

I need to go and stir the casserole!

No comments: