Sunday, May 05, 2013

Driveway Spruce Up

Our 'orange' driveway gets a shade lighter each time I do a pressure wash on it and the gutter in the street comes alive with orange run off water. But all that has changed today.  Neighbour Brian has recently turned 80.  He was a former house painter back in his working days.  I keep him up to speed with movies and TV series and usually I pop over a couple of times a week, update his movie collection and sort out any PC problems they might have.

He has always wanted to do something in return for us.  He volunteered to repaint the driveway for us, all I had to do was supply the paint. He suggested 8 litres would probably do the job. Actually it took 8.25 litres, we had to buy some more top up paint but the smallest size was 2 litres. But it certainly looks much better.

In due course we will paint the individual 'brick' border, most likely a reddish brown color.  The excess driveway paint will do the 'red' piece in the backyard up near the pool filter which will tone in much better with what is currently there now.

We expected the color would be a little darker than it turned out.  However it matches well with the house.  It will be ready to drive on in 5 days!

Yesterday was a glorious 28 degrees, clear blue skies and heaps of sunshine.  Today was a lot cooler with a shower hanging around.  Fortunately the first coat of the driveway paint had been put on before the shower.  Later today we had heaps of sunshine, perfect pavement paint drying weather for the second coat!

Computer Club was as busy as usual.  I had problems with printers, how and what to back up, general queries on a new laptop, how do I prepare photos etc for eBay and a few other issues on the way through.

Both Trish and my footy teams have had wins on the weekend so far.  Trish's team Hawthorn eventually got over Adelaide, while after half time, my team Geelong finished strongly to defeat Richmond by 7 goals.

With driveway painting happening today, my bike ride was a little shorter.  I still managed around 9 kilometres.

Friday drinks was extremely civilized, we started around 3pm and people were on their way by 6:30.  It was a very pleasant few hours.

More footy this afternoon and then probably a couple of movies to see out the day.  I have a Public Meeting for the Community Association to chair tomorrow night. In the afternoon I have a trip to Maroochydore to try to have my phone fixed.  I have broken a small connector which reads the SIM card.  Hopefully it can be fixed.  I have resurrected my old mobile phone but it is like taking a step back into the dark ages!

No comments: