Friday, March 01, 2013

Guess What? More Rain Is On Its Way!

I took my bike off the "For Sale" list this morning and managed a 12.5km bike ride, the first for around a week!  Though heavily overcast with high cloud, any rain stayed away while I completed the bike ride.

With the break in the weather it was rather busy around here this morning.  Mould had built up on some of the pavers with all the the rain so I gave it a 1:2 ratio chlorine and water sweep over the affected areas.  A quick 'firm' house off and they look great again.

I managed a quick mow of the front lawn as well and finished with a catcher full, easily the most grass I have cur from it for over 6 months.  Despite how the good the photo looks, there is a substantial amount of weed in the lawn but it sure looks better than here.

With all that work now out of the way I needed a quick swim prior to tackling my final task for the morning, to bottle the latest brew.  Now as I type it is trying to rain with spots falling from time to time.  Showers are expected to break into rain this afternoon and go on for a day or so.

Drinks are on at our place this afternoon but that won't be until around 4pm.  Next week it will be earlier as the Rugby League begins with live TV from 7:30.  This means drinks will need to be over a little earlier as the the other two couples are both Rugby League fans.  AFL doesn't begin in earnest for another three weeks.

I bought two 500GB external USB3 Hard Drives for around $46 each delivered from the Harvey Norman online website yesterday. Trish is after one for her "Stitchers" group.  They can then have a store of all their stuff, photos, newsletters, website etc all kept together in one spot.  At $46 each they were a great buy.

The other drive is for Ian, one of the drinking crew.  He will use it to back up his laptop 'just in case'.

I have found another couple of TV Series which I will 'collect'.  One is called "The Americans", the story of a married couple who are really KGB spies planted in the U.S. around 1970.  It looks quite good.

The second is called "Banshee", and tells the story of a recently released "con" who has fallen into the role of the sheriff of the small town called Banshee.  It looks good as well.

Run both titles through IMDB and check them out.

No comments: