Wednesday, March 06, 2013

A Busy Few Days

At last we are experiencing some dry days.  We continue to get the occasional shower flipping through and usually this occurs around 6:30 am just as I am getting ready to embark on my daily bike ride.  Today I actually managed my regular 13k bike ride and arrived back home without enduring any quick sharp shower of rain.

Much of recent days has been filled with enduring the cricket from India on TV.  It is pretty hard to watch when Australia's batsmen commit suicide and just don't value their wickets enough.  At least both the cricketers and my self have been put out of our misery with a frightful performance yesterday!

One 'highlight' of Monday was a trip to the dentist.  Hopefully my problem has now been fully overcome.  Don't you just love the sound of the dentist's drill?

Monday night was a Community Association Public Meeting night.  We had around 40 people in attendance and there was some heated discussion on helicopters over the estate with one of our guest speakers, Peter Pallot the CEO of Sunshine Coast Airport.  I think everyone went away as happy as they could be.  Some of the more expensive blocks on the estate are relatively close to the flight path for aircraft landing on the east-west runway of the nearby airport.  In hind sight, those blocks may not have been a good choice.  I guess that is what happens when people don't make full enquiries before buying a new home!

This meant Tuesday was a big day updating all the news on the BeCA website.  It was Trish's birthday too and we celebrated by doing some shopping around lunchtime and enjoying Fish n' Chips for tea.

A group of us are out this evening for a meal at the Bamboo Garden Restaurant.  It has pretty good Chinese Food there.

The 2 500GB external Hard disk drives I bought online from Harvey Norman last week arrived today.  One is for the Arts Centre Association and the other is for good friend Ian Eather which I will set up for him as a backup.  Recently Ian had a scare with his laptop and he thought he had lost everything.  This will now ensure that if he has a problem with his laptop he should have his major stuff backed up.

I also washed bottles this morning for my next brew.  13 of the 30 or so I required were brand new bottles, never been used and just required a quick rinse.  This meant the job was a little easier than usual.

After all was finished I did have a quick swim in the pool.  It was a little on the refreshing side following all the poor cooler weather we have had recently.

No comments: