Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Neighbours?

The rental property on the eastern boundary of our home is again vacant.  We are hopeful the new tenants will be OK.  The former tenants are carrying out the final cleaning up now.  They had the lawns and gardens done yesterday, a professional house cleaner spent a couple of hours in there this morning and the wife will be back on Thursday to clean up the bins etc. They have paid their rent up until the end of the month so it will most likely remain vacant until then.

We hardly hear from her, she is very quiet and doesn't want to talk.  Ethan, her husband used to work at Mt Tom Price in W.A.  He would be away for up to 6 weeks at a time.  Her family are in another suburb so they are moving to be closer to her relatives.  Ethan now still works away from home but now he is in Chinchilla which is only a few hundred kilometres away.

It seems Trish has a virus as we are hearing of other people with similar nausea and extreme dizziness symptoms.  Sunday she was great, Monday wasn't a good day for her but she is a little better today.

Our very hot weather on Sunday has switched to overcast and much cooler weather yesterday and today. We even pulled the doona up around us early this morning.

I have a 1TB portable hard drive on which I store all of my latest movies, tv shows and other bits and pieces.  It is almost like taking my own computer with me when I head off somewhere.  A few times recently I have been getting some strange error messages recently, like this file is locked or something.

You run a little program called "CheckDisk" which checks the hard drive to make sure it isn't damaged.

If you get a lot of these error messages it can mean your disk is on the way out.  Just to make sure I am not left high and dry with a dead hard drive I ordered a replacement 1TB portable drive from "Officeworks" yesterday.  I bought it online and it will be delivered to my home later this week.

It is a pretty nifty little piece of technology.

I also bought a 750GB drive for a friend in Melbourne.  I have filled it with TV Seasons, TV Mini -Series and lots of movies and I will take it to Melbourne with us when we travel down there in a couple of weeks time for a wedding.

No comments: