Friday, February 08, 2013

Cooler Weather

We have had showers most night.  10mls one night, 2 mls last night gives you an idea of the sort of thing we have been experiencing.  Around 28 degrees today and high teens overnight.  The lower over night temperatures have had a huge impact on the pool temperature, it was around 25 degrees this morning when I jumped in after my 13 k bike ride.

Today's ride was a little easier than other recent rides.  The reason is I pumped the tyres up!  The Bike Shop suggested I run the tyre pressure around 50psi.  This little gadget which reads tyre pressures arrived the other day, around $7-50 from China of course.

The instructions were in Chinese as well so it took a little trial and error to sort out.  The readings said I was running at around 35psi.  So a quick pump to around 50psi and everything was 'go' again.

Yesterday was bottle washing day.  This was the first bottle washing I had done for some time because I have now recycled all my 'old' plastic bottles and replaced them with new ones. New bottles only require a quick rinse.  Used bottles require the full treatment, wash, rinse a couple of times and then sanitize them. I will probably bottle tomorrow after Computer Club!

Yesterday afternoon I received a call to pop around and show a guy a bit around using Wordpress.  This is a program used for maintaining and creating 'online web sites'.  This is the method we have used for the Community Association's website.

His version of Wordpress looked very different to mine, so it took a little sorting out to see how it works.  But we got there in the end and he was bamboozled by all the new information.  But he now sees what can be done so with a little 'trial and error' he should be OK.

Trish is at Quilters this morning.  Just before she left home, the kitchen 'mixer' tap started to leak badly.  The local plumber had given me a new one as I had told him there was a bit of a leak.  Today the bit of a leak turned into a 'gush'!  As we are pensioners it was just a matter of a call to "St Andrew's Care" and a plumber was dispatched immediately.  The plumber happens to be the guy who gave me the mixer tap when I set up and helped him buy a new laptop.

So all is working well again.

We have drinks around 4pm this afternoon, a little later than normal.  I have the cricket on TV so I will be have plenty on!

No comments: