Monday, September 03, 2012

Lovely And Sunny

With my team winning against one of the top four on Saturday it was a happy weekend for me.  Trish's team sits on top of the ladder after its win and we both head into the finals next weekend.

Much of the weekend just gone was spent with family.  I watched my team play 'live' on TV which I enjoyed.  A quick stop on the way home at our favorite restaurant in Springvale capped off the night. It was just amazing to see the queue waiting at the door for a seat.  The queue extended out the door onto the footpath as we were leaving.

Sunday was a lovely sunny day.  Some of the morning was spent walking our neighbour back home through how to download a movie and then process it so it will play on the media player.  It was a little exasperating but we got their with the help of patience and Skype!

On Sunday afternoon I at last got to see my first live action of AFL footy when I went to the MCG and watched 97% of Richmond and Port Adelaide.  I left a few minutes early and missed the draw.  I was meant to be at Clayton and the Malaysia Garden Restaurant for an early meal.  Being Father's Day they had quite a few bookings and asked we be in and out ASAP.

This is the view I get from the area I prefer to sit when at the MCG.  I took the photo with my phone so it isn't the best quality.  It is a great place to sit. Click on the photo for a larger view.

When we arrived at Malaysia Garden we were greeted by Ivan who manages the place along with his mother.  Ivan is selling his Brighton restaurant and coming back to "MG" to work.

We had two noodle dishes for our meal, Char Koay Teow and Mee Goreng.  It was great.

Today we are back to Springvale for lunch with Eddie and Patsy.

Much of the two weeks here is already 'booked' and we are flat out finding spots for those who wish to catch up with us.  With yesterday being Father's day and many already involved with family affairs, with Kate and Arj going to Brisbane in a fortnight and us baby-sitting, means two of the three weekends here are out for visiting, even with commitments for me at the footy.  We will work it out.

No comments: