Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Friday Is D-Day

D for Dig that is!  I had a call from the concrete guy this morning saying he would be at our home between 7 and 8 am on Friday to dig out the area ready for the concrete to be poured.  The pouring is most likely to be on Monday.

It is around 28 degrees up in the back corner right now.  There is hardly a cloud in the sky and we are looking at low 30's later in the week. The pool will be welcome!

Yesterday was spent doing the pool.  After having the water tested and buying the chemicals to get it all 'back' I spent time vacuuming and adding salt and various formulas to the pool.  Some 'rubbish' from when the palms were removed got into the pool.  Darren used a chain saw and despite all efforts some of the 'saw dust' found its way in.  My experience has been that any 'live' matter that gets into the pool (gum leaves etc) knock the chlorine level around like crazy.

Along with the ever present dust from the new development and no rain for almost 3 months, means heaps of fine dust has found its way in as well.  Each time I vacuum, I get rid of 70% of the dust in the water.  The rest swirls up as the vacuum head comes through and then settles again a couple of hours later.

I bought some 'blue blocks' to aid the filter to trap the smaller particles and the pool is looking pretty good right now.

Today I have removed the stones and pavers from the pathway from the pergola to the back shed.  This is preparation for a trench being dug to take the drain I want installed to get rid of rain water. There is a small 'drain pit' under the paver in the photo foreground.  I want the drain to run from the new concrete area into the pit.

Later (top pic) I pressure water cleaned some of the 'border stones' I will use around the new concrete area.

I had my first 12k bike ride in three weeks this morning.  I enjoyed it very much and there weren't any magpies to annoy me either!

Trish is at Stitchers this morning and then is off to a card afternoon with some ladies.  In between doing stuff outside and my computer I have been busy as well.  We are looking at an official top of 26 degrees today!  Just glorious.

No comments: