Sunday, January 29, 2012

More Of Our News

It is still wet up here in SE Queensland, I added a further 13mls of overnight rain to the total and it has now reached over 580mls in the last couple of weeks. This means around 23.5 inches of rain in the last fortnight, around 2 feet of rain. No wonder the pool ran out of salt and demanded a top up.

The humidity level is incredible, even when it isn't raining the humidity is anywhere from 70% to 80%. You cannot get washing dry in that sort of humidity. Strange isn't it, the worst drying conditions for washing are in summer!

The ceiling fans are even more efficient with this high level of humidity.

We won't go into too many details but I was pretty crook overnight Thursday night with a nasty tummy ache. Quite a few trips to the loo were involved as well as at least 5 trips to the shower! The perspiration which came with each 'incident' was amazing! I am feeling much better now.

Drinks were great again on Friday though I opted for 1 bottle of my beer and 3 cans of Ginger Beer. We had drinks at Ian's place. On Thursday morning Ian and I had ventured into Caloundra where he purchased a WDTV Live Streaming Media Player. He is absolutely delighted with it. We continued to play around with it during 'drinks'.

Computer Club was busy on Saturday. I will need to offer some bad advice as I keep on getting recommended to others as a good source of help.

I have moved Trish's old small screen LCD TV into the office after I bought her a new 32" TV recently. I have connected a cheap high def set top box (STB) to it and watch a bit of cricket or tennis on it while mucking around on my PC. I have since been able to attach the 'old PC' to it as well. The screen makes quite a good PC monitor and as you can see it works well. It is just a matter of swapping the 'Source" on the TV back to the STB and watch regular TV again.

Click on the picture for a larger view, then on the X in the top right hand corner to return to this page.

Trish is back to the Tourist Info Centre today but it will be very quiet for her with showery weather deterring tourists. We will watch the tennis men's final tonight. The women's final was good as it was over quickly and those two grunting females were off in less than 90 minutes.

We have no phone at all connected to the phone line, just the internet. We are looking forward to everything getting back to normal when the fault is fixed. The internet only drops out about once or twice a day so it isn't too much of an inconvenience right now. We usually make all out going calls on my mobile anyway as I get so much free call allowance. We would never use it all!

Click HERE to see my rainfall totals sheet.

I hope you get a laugh from the joke below.

No comments: