Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Few Spare Minutes

I continue to suffer a little from my head cold. The major concern remains the middle ear infection and being a little dizzy, especially first thing in the day. I continue on anti-biotics but any improvement seems slight. It hasn't been enough to stop me going to Computer Club or enjoying drinks on Friday. Bike riding has gone onto 'hold' though.

There were only 4 of us for drinks on Friday, at our place and under the gazebo. John and Margaret joined us, Kerrie and Ian were scratchings and I didn't get a reply from Tony. Tony attended the previous week and made a bit of a mess of himself, as we all have done before in our lifetime.

Trish noticed a note on Tony's Facebook page indicating he had just had a week without alcohol and still had a whole lifetime to go!

Because I haven't been 100% I haven't been on my bike for a few days. But it has been pretty wet too which doesn't help. I did feel well enough to mow lawns yesterday afternoon and during some drizzle this morning I spread some lawn food to try and get the grass to thicken up.

The front lawn (above) looks great after a mow and with more showers expected later and then rain later in the week the lawn food should be well soaked in.

There were a couple of 'overnight showers' which left 10mls in the rain gauge this morning. It has been drizzly earlier but is fine and around 30 degrees as I type. There is more tennis on the TV so that should fill in the afternoon.

With the possible onset of rain later today the gazebo has again gone away into its storage bag. I folds up into a weighty but compact package as this photo shows. I pretty well took it down on my own this time. As long as you take it slowly it isn't too much of a problem.

Trish is helping out at the Tourist Info Centre this morning and is due home shortly. We look like heading to Mapleton Hotel for a lunch on the hotel balcony tomorrow with Kerrie and Ian which should be fun.

I managed a bottle washing this morning and the brew I made last Wednesday should be ready to bottle mid week.

No comments: