Wednesday, January 18, 2012

135mls Later

The rain has now left the Sunshine Coast but it remains overcast and humid! Altogether we received 135 mls of rain, almost 5.5" in the old scale. The pool is full and the garden is well watered. The rain is to be expected at this time of the year, after all it is the 'wet season' here.

I have updated the link on the right hand side of this blog "Les Bellvista Rainfall Figures 2012".

I didn't get a bike ride in today as it would be just too unpleasant riding with heaps of seepage and puddles across pathways and roads. The pool has been cleaned. After rain like that it gets heaps of dust and dirt in it which has either been washed into the pool from the surrounds or brought with the rain from the dusty atmosphere.

I have been a little busy swapping hard disk drives around this morning. I am beginning to build up a collection of high quality movies which I store on my drive to watch whenever I want. A normal film may be at most 1.4mb while a high quality copy would be well over 4mb! I have a couple which are nudging 6 or 8mb.

I have taken the 320GB drive I have been using and swapped it with the larger 500GB drive Trish has to back up her stuff. The 500GB disk drive is a snazzy and sleek WD "My Passport" drive where as the 320GB drive is a little bulkier "Elements" model. It took a little time to copy files across from one disk to the other. I then had to make the new disk a "Network Drive" which means that even if my Computer is turned off, it can still be seen by other computers (or media players) for playback purposes.

Trish is at Stitchers this morning and she and a few of the 'girls' are playing cards this afternoon. I am left to 'play' on my computer and watch the tennis on TV.

Last night we watched the Golden Globe winning film, "The Descendants". Though enjoyable enough with spectacular shots of scenery on Hawaii I believe we have seen better movies this year. Trish and I both enjoyed "The Help" more than the movie we watched last night.

No comments: