Monday, December 22, 2008

34 Degrees Today!

Such is the changeable weather in Melbourne. A couple of days ago we had the heater running, today it should get to 34 degrees. But it is going to be a 'nasty' 34 with cloudy weather and a hot gusty northerly wind! If it were a little hotter and sunnier, it would be a sure fire recipe for bushfires in this part of the world.

Friday night saw us travel to Drouin for a great night with friends. Drouin is about 50k's south of Berwick and is a 35 minute run along the freeway. It was a terrific night, a few drinks and lots of good company and chatter. The ladies 'spread' the duties of cooking and we had a most delicious meal. Needless to say we ate too much and drank a little too much as well. As you can see, it was a great spread for our evening meal.

Saturday was a 'recovery day'. Kate and Arj went off for a Christmas visit with friends while Trish and I did some baby sitting. There was lots of sport on TV so I was quite happy to stay home and enjoy the sport. During the afternoon Charli 'discovered' the TV series 'Dora The Explorer' for the first time. As you can see, she was an instant fan! She spent much of the afternoon watching a couple of episodes I had downloaded onto the laptop!

On Sunday evening we caught up with our daughter Kim for a great meal at our favorite Vietnamese Restaurant. It was as cheap as chips and the food was just sensational.

And I have got my "Counter" to work again when viewing this page with Firefox. I have a Firefox add-on which stops advertisements from showing on pages I visit! This add-on saw my web page counter as an advertisement and would not let it load. I have turned the advertisement blocker off for my blog page and now the counter shows again!

No comments: