Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One Week To Go!

Yesterday Trish collected the tickets etc for our UK Europe trip. We take off 12:30 pm on Wednesday May 7, just one week away. Many tasks on the "Still To Do" have been ticked off so things are getting close now.

Since my last post I have been helping the neighbour over the road set up for downloading movies and running them through the processes and the programs now that we have worked out the problem he was having with download speeds. So last night we set up for an overnight movie download. They have recently renovated their home and the Computer Room is in what used to be the laundry! They have a shelf which juts out 18inches or so at about eye level when standing up. As I stood up the other day I collected my forehead on it. The rim at the top of my glasses tends to mask this sort of thing so I did my self a little damage!

Yesterday was bottle washing day and today was bottling day. This photo shows the 5 polystyrene boxes I use to store my brews. The most recent brew is in the bottom box and so they work their way up. The boxes are showing the signs of a bottle 'exploding' and leaking everywhere. It makes quite a mess! Each box holds 21 bottles. I think I will need to update my polystyrene boxes pretty soon! It means my beer supplies will be spot on upon our return from overseas on June 18th.

Remember you can click on each photo for a larger view, then click on "Back" to return to this page!

About 10 degrees this morning and a coolish top of about 22 is forecast. This is a real sign that winter is not too far away. Meanwhile in Texas and the home of Lou Ann, the flowers they grow are well and truly in bloom as this photo shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work on your noggin Pa!! - Kim