Friday, April 18, 2008

Camera Battery Saga Almost Solved

Needing a day out we decided to head into Brisbane (the capital city of Queensland) and visit the same chain of camera store from which I had purchased my new camera. We drove into the outer suburbs and caught a train into the heart of Brisbane in a little over 90 minutes. We are about 90k's+ (60 mls) from Brisbane. There were buskers in the streets and wide 'malls' where people could easily get around on foot. The weather was a very pleasant 26 degrees.

The "Ted's Camera Store" was about 150 m from "Central Station". These seems to be a Ted's Camera Store in every Melbourne Shopping Centre but not here in Queensland where they only have 5 stores and none of them is on our side of Brisbane. The young salesman was aware of my problem and said 4 rechargeable AA 2700 batteries was what I was after. He could sell me four with a "Quick (2hr) Charger" for $35. He guaranteed me they would solve my problem and the Quick Charger would work using any power point in the world! It even came with an in car adapter too. Any problems and my 'postage' to return it would be covered by them too.

We had a stroll around the city and looked in on a few shops. Brisbane is a large city but doesn't have the hustle and bustle (and greyness) of Melbourne. The shops are quite modern and the streets are very clean too. It is a modern metropolis. Needless to say, we found our way to China Town where we enjoyed some lunch.

Upon our arrival back home I immediately wanted to quick charge my new batteries! The charger would not work with the AA 2700 batteries! Every other rechargeable battery in the house worked with the new quick charger, but not the super AA 2700 batteries. They did charge OK on my old 'slow ' charger which allowed me to test them in the new camera.

I took almost 100 photos with the new camera before the "Low Battery" indicator came on. I was quite happy with that! Meanwhile the batteries and charger have been repacked and will be posted back to Ted's in Brisbane this afternoon. I should have my replacement items in less than a week!

The other night Trish and I watched a movie called "The Bank Job". It is based on a true story. As we watched it we hardly noticed the time so good was the movie. We recommend it!

No comments: