Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday News Update

Trish's cold is well and truly on the improve, most probably because she has passed it onto me. I am now all clogged up with a head cold and not feeling 100%.

This weekend saw the beginning of the AFL season and I managed to spend a fair bit of time in front of the TV watching heaps of footy. The new broadcast agreement means we now get the Friday night 'showpiece' game live on Pay TV. It was disappointing to see my own team go down on Sunday and Trish's team was beaten also.

Sports news wise, the best news over the weekend was the victory of Dandenong in winning the VCA first grade premiership. Live ball by ball scores were available on the internet at http://cricket.com.au . So much of the weekend was spent with one eye on the computer screen. This is Dandenong's first ever senior VCA premiership after being elevated to this level around 1980 when DCC merged with Waverley CC. The name was then changed to just Dandenong.

I notice one of my favorite websites Appznet is offline at the moment. I hope they get back again soon.

No comments: