Sunday, November 12, 2006

On The Air Again

There seems to be built in power protection into a computer. When there is a power irregularity the computer power supply trips off to protect the computer from damage. This power supply then needs to be tripped back on. This is done by turning the machine off for 45 minutes or so. However it seems the computer must be totally disconnected from the power, i.e. removing the power cord too. After failing to get the computer to run again yesterday I removed the cord last night as a last resort. And when I plugged it back in again this morning computer lights flashed and it started to load!

I am not game to reconnect the external DVD drive just yet though! I still think the problem was the power board I was using, not the external DVD drive.

I will try it later today. Here is the offending unit!

Keith is a good mate of mine and sends me heaps of interesting attachments to emails, most of which are out of place on this page! He sent me "Flying Gonzo" which is in Les' Links (to the right). It is a bit of fun, something like the Footy game I put there previously. It is not a big download and a bit of fun for those spare minutes.

Thanks Keith.

I have also heard Judy Coldwell is not well and has been admitted into a palliative care type facility.

No comments: