Sunday, November 19, 2006

BBQ Christened

We use the BBQ a lot here in Queensland particularly in summer when it can be very warm when cooking inside regularly. The 'old' BBQ was showing its age a bit so we decided to 'upgrade'. As with most things here it has to be ordered in. The new BBQ arrived at the shop Friday afternoon and I drove in and picked it up ready to assemble on Saturday morning.

I then received a call from friends Max and Margaret Lanyon who are visiting their daughter in Brisbane and wanted to drive up for a visit. Max and Margaret are from Victoria.

I had just unpacked the BBQ onto the floor of the garage when they arrived. We had a great time drinking several home brews before adjourning to King's Beach tavern for a few more beers and a lovely lunch on the balcony overlooking the sea.

We arrived back home mid afternoon and they headed back to Brisbane while I headed to the garage and the BBQ. The instructions said construction time for a professional was 15 mins and about 30 mins for the layman. Nothing was mentioned about a layman who had consumed several home brews and about 4 schooners!

I got it together in about a good hour I suppose and after checking everything I did not have any bits left over either!

The patio looks good with the new BBQ in place. I cooked my breakfast on it this morning.

Today Sunday, is the first birthday party for Charli. Family and friends (including proud grandma Trish) are gathering at Kate's for the celebrations. Trish, Kate and Charli return here next Sunday evening while husband Arj is on a special music assignment for the school for the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blog photos are quite clear this end..Looks Good. Sorry to hear about Judy Coldwell. I think I only met her the once at your retirement.

I think I told you that Jan Reed one of my teachers at Cranbourne PS also died recently at the age of 58.. Yes cancer.. Very sad Funeral .. as they all are.
Was with Clive at the Bendigo Swap Meet.. Told him about your Blog.. sends his regards
Cheers
Chooka