Monday, January 08, 2018

Quick Update

Needless to say that with the 5th and final Cricket Test match being played up until recently, much of my free time has been spent in front of the TV.

But I have collected the mower after its repair and I have replaced the skimmer box door (or Weir Door as the pool shop guy called it).  The front lawn has now been mowed and all is good again.

The bike is back out and I have clocked up 100k's already with my almost daily bike rides.  I did miss a day on the bike after I put a brew on and then did some bottle washing.  All is now ready to go and I will bottle late this week.

As I do my beer is mainly clear plastic bottles nowadays it has become important to keep 'daylight' away from the beer bottles as the brew 'matures'.  I purchased a black 60l plastic container from Bunnings and I already had a second clear container which also suits the purpose for brew storage.  A quick spray with some black paint has solved the daylight issue with the clear container.

We have arrived home in the midst of a SE Queensland summer so warm to hot weather is the order of the day.  A wind change late last week blew away much of the very high 65%+ humidity and now we are back to a more comfortable 50% level.

It has been necessary to turn the ceiling fan down to its lowest setting overnight the last few nights as some milder weather sets in.  It is around 25° when we go to bed and drops to an overnight low of around 20°.  Though the pool was delightful just before bed when the humidity and resultant heat were up last week.

At the moment most days get to around 30° but as usual it is a little warmer in our concrete pavers and stones filled back yard!

We are in the throes of sorting a quick trip by air down to Melbourne for the first round of the AFL footy.

Trish has gotten back into the swing of the Arts centre Association and is again heavily involved.

Trish received her new phone from China as the previous one was experiencing battery problems and I think she is happy with it.  She is still setting it up and discovers something new to adjust from time to time.

My 4TB portable had drive arrived from the US and has now been set up as my major portable source for my computer backup.  This means that if I take this drive with me when I head away, I have access to virtually all my computer stuff, profiles, video files almost everything!  It certainly would have been very handy on the recent trip to Melbourne.

The pool remains a very popular spot for relaxing.  I usually manage a swim after the morning bike ride, another dip just before lunch, another late in the day and finally if it is warm enough, a final swim prior to getting into bed under the ceiling fan!  The pool is magnificent and currently runs at around 30° late in the afternoon!

No comments: