Sunday, January 21, 2018

In Recovery Mode

I am not moving at quite 100% today, mainly due to a wonderful "Drinks Night" with friends.  It was lots of fun last night, with heaps of laughs and good times, but I am suffering for it today.  Maybe I am getting too old for that sort of thing!

I have managed a couple of days bike riding but with Computer Club yesterday (Saturday) and the big night last night, the bike might have to wait until tomorrow before it gets out again.

I received an email saying our 'new' internet plan was up and running and welcoming me to the new $90 plan with 500GB download!  I nearly fell off my seat as I had signed for $80 and 1000GB.  It was only when I read the small print where it said I was getting a $10 discount and an extra 500GB download that I felt a little better.

So it was all just a little deceptive and not exactly what I had signed up for but still finally with all the benefits I wanted.  Not sure if I agree with the way Telstra/Bigpond does business on this!

Weather remains warm but not too hot.  The pool is now around 27° in the morning and getting up to about 29° in the late afternoon!

I washed the little Honda Jazz the other day and it has also had a much needed service.  I bottled the latest brew on Saturday as well.  It seems I now need a trip to the Home Brew shop to replensih supplies.  I wonder how my tab is going down there?

Just for the fun of it I am doing some checking of air fares.  I see where Scoot Airlines has fares of $119 from the Gold Coast to Singapore.  It is then just another $55 to get to Penang with Air Asia.  Around $175 to Penang sounds a good deal to me!

Check out Texas Lou's comment on the previous post!

No comments: