Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Home Sweet Home

Here we are, January 2nd and we have now been home for two glorious nights' sleep in our own bed.

The time in between my last post and today really panned out almost exactly as planned.  A lovely family Christmas Day with Kate's family and scrumptious curries for Christmas evening meal with Arj's family.

Boxing Day was down to Drouin where we had to be fairly well behaved as we drove back to Kate's that evening so I could get to the cricket.  I managed to get to the MCG for days 2 and 3 which I enjoyed immensely.  It was around 38° for Day 2 so very warm indeed.  As a special treat we re visited the Hoa Tran in Springvale for a second glorious meal.  So the photo is not of the food we enjoyed for tea but more of what was left after we had eaten!

Day 3 saw me leave the cricket at the Tea break as we wanted to catch up with our daughter Kim and Jay for an evening meal. Chinta Ria is one of Melbourne's most iconic Malaysian Restaurant, a short walk from Kim's flat in St Kilda.  I got her Android TV Box up and running for her as well.

I sat down to watch Day 4 of the cricket on telly and rest up prior to driving back to the Sunshine Coast.  We did the return trip of around 1800 k's in 2 days with a stopover at Gilgandra in central N.S.W. and arrived home the next day at around 3pm local time.

Since arriving home the heat and very high humidity almost makes us wish we were still in Melbourne.

The place has been now tidied and the pool used regularly.  The lawn mower refused to start so is now off being fixed.  The door to the pool skimmer box has broken as well. The internet took a couple of goes prior to connecting but is great now again.  My downloads are now back to normal.

I have 'fixed' a neighbour's Kodi for him so things are getting back into the swing of things again.

My 4TB portable Hard Drive arrived this morning and is currently being loaded with all my 'stuff'.  I should never be caught short of things ever again now with everything of importance now on the one hard drive.

I think I will now head down to the Pool Shop and see about replacing the skimmer box door!

No comments: