Sunday, January 28, 2018

Another Week On ....

Last Sunday, my health following a big night out was my major concern!  Today it is my back.  I have been seeing Chiropractors pretty much over the last 30 years or so and throughout that time my back has been a source of concern for me, playing up seriously every now and again.

The source of the problem is usually either my lower back or up around the neck region.  If the lower back plays up it can effect my legs via the sciatic nerve.  When this happens I can have a sore and aching knee or right up to the whole leg (or legs) beginning to ache.  The problem gets worse when you try to get to sleep and your legs ache no matter what position you get in to sleep as was the case this week.

I did get into to see a Chiro (not my regular one) on Thursday who spent some time trying to sort things.  I still needed a couple of paracetamol tablets but at least a good night's sleep followed that night.  At least now a night or so later I can get to sleep without any tablets. I am booked in to see my regular Chiro Monday morning.

This week has been spent sorting out people's TV Box setups.

I have done three boxes this week with another to get to today.  The Kodi scene changes every day and some people with little clue at all on how the thing works just throw their hands up in the air.  But needless to say I have had a ball and the people I have helped seem pretty happy with things when I have finished.

Kodi TV boxes are no longer for the person with little or no knowledge on how they operate.  You now need some basic knowledge on the Android System and you need to try to keep up with things.  And things change regularly.

It has been hot and steamy up here as well.  The heat hasn't been super hot but it seems to be relentless.  And with humidity hovering around 65% it can become tiresome.  With all that humidity you would reckon we could be in for the odd tropical storm or two.  At best we have been promised showers over the next week or so when we badly need more rain.

Computer Club was again a little bare of members with the oppressive weather keeping many away.  It is so much easier to curl up in front of the One Day cricket or the Tennis, put the air conditioner on to around 26° and have the ceiling fan whirring away.

I can make the odd sprint to the pool for a quick dip but with warm weather daily the pool hovers around 31° which is not that refreshing during the day but absolutely perfect for the 10pm swim before going to bed!

We just loved the movie "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Minnesota".  Other good shows have "Darkest Hour" and "The Post".  Most of the other shows up for awards are about subjects in which we really aren't interested.  "Lady Bird" is a teenager coming of age movie and "The Shape of Water" is about a woman who falls in love with a human like sea creature, neither of which tickle our fancy!

We are slowly working our way through the TV series "American Crime, The Menendez Murders".  It is certainly a better selection for us over a movie about a woman falling in love with a sea creature!

So now it is a quick breakfast, a quick haircut and then off to sort out another Kodi setup.

No comments: