Monday, November 20, 2017

Poolside In Sri Lanka

And to think we paid for what we endured yesterday!  Who knows what time it is right now. My watch says 9:15 am but my body isn't so sure.

We were awake at 4:15am in KL and on our way to the airport soon after. Then a couple of hours wait till take off which was delayed another 30 minutes. Three and a half hours later we landed in Colombo, Sri Lanka. We collected our luggage, were picked up and driven 2 hours to our 3 star resort in Galle. Our transfer vehicle was a fairly new Nissan sedan and quite comfortable.

As the photo shows it is an idyllic setting, older style rooms with everything you need. There's a recently updated bathroom and a huge bed covered with mosquito netting, air conditioning and a wonderful ceiling fan. Our room is via the doorway directly beneath the patio ceiling fan in the photo.

There is a TV but no coverage of any cricket, strange I thought for this part of the world.  Though my watch said 3pm, it was 5:30 KL time, 7:30 Brisbane time and 8:30 Melbourne  time.

After suffering some tummy cramps on our final night in KL, my activity throughout the trip to Sri Lanka was a little uneasy but survived without mishap.

We walked 250m to the beach which had rows of Bali style restaurants and bars spreading onto the sand. Here we had a drink and a meal. Trish had some fried rice for around $4:50 while I had a Kuttu dish. A 650ml bottle of the local beer was a few cents over $3.

We tried to stay awake as late as possible but by 8:30 local time (I think) saw us pull back the mosquito netting and sleep. The wifi here is just OK so I listened to my Melboune Sports Radio Station. I turned it off at 3am, but 9:30pm local time, I think.

Today will be quiet with a Tuk Tuk trip into Galle for a look around and enjoy a quiet recovery day. The $3 big bottle of beer on the beach sounds good too.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Hi Les, seems like you are having fun and of course keeping the compulsory liquid refreshments flowing. Looking forward to reading about Penang.....Ian