Sunday, November 12, 2017

Not Packed But Getting Sorted!

We are having unseasonally cool weather at the moment.  It will possibly make 24° later on today if the sun gets a chance to pop its head out this afternoon.  This time tomorrow we will be heading to Coolangatta ready for our flight to Kuala Lumpur departing around 10am Tuesday morning.

We have heard back from our AirBnB host giving us directions on how to collect the key and requesting our schedule for arrival and departure. So it is getting really close now.  The bed here at home is covered with shorts, T-Shirts, Polo tops, bathers and the like ready to pack.  But as we are going to somewhere 'hot', our selection for clothes is much easier.

But as is the way, Trish is caught up with an Arts Association Fair this weekend so she has been flat out since Thursday when they started getting things ready.  Today is the last day so it will be great when it is all over.  She will finish her packing tomorrow.

Yesterday afternoon (yes even on a Saturday) there was the final Community Association Meeting for 2017 followed by a Christmas Breakup which explains why I am moving at less than 100% today.  I took some care of myself but it seems I could have taken even more.

But that job is now over as the Association moves into hibernation for a couple of months.

We have worked out that after tomorrow we will be 'at home' for only 8 more nights between now and New Year as our trip to Newcastle and Melbourne happens a little over a week after we get back from Malaysia.

Being away for about 6 or 7 weeks of the last 8 weeks of the year we feel we will be happy to eventually get home after Melbourne.  We may even get home a few days prior to New Year yet.  We will spend Boxing Day with Barry and Rainy as per usual but we won't stay overnight this time.  I must get value out of my MCG membership so I want to get to as many days of the Test Cricket as possible before heading back to home, the pool and the heat.

My replacement H96Pro TV dongle turned up during the week.  For its size and cost it is a fairly impressive gadget.  I think I have worked out why the first dongle died.  I was using a generic USB charger and it really needs to use its own supplied charger to give it enough umph to work properly. With the generic usb charger the dongle would crash when I put a 32GB usb drive into it.  Use the correct supplied charger and everything works fine.

As you can see from the size, it will be ideal for travel purposes.  I have loaded the 32GB drive with a few movies and several TV series if we have any 'quiet' moments while away we will have that option.  If we have anywhere near decent wifi (as we did in Bali) we could stream the odd movie or two.  But it is easy and light to carry so ideal for heading away.

My elbow and forearm are still both badly bruised from the bike bingle though there isn't any real discomfort for everyday purposes now.  It may struggle a bit if I have to lift something heavy, but otherwise it feels much better than it looks.

So therefore the next post maybe from Malaysia.  I will use the 10" Samsung tablet to post my blog. The tablet lacks a few of the Blogger features that the PC version has.  I can't easily position pictures for example when using the tablet.  But it will be a bit of fun.

Next post, Kuala Lumpur!

No comments: