Friday, October 13, 2017

WoW, Time For A Post

Currently my life seems to centre around those hum drum mow the lawn, clean the pool type activities.  There is also the daily bike ride for which I clocked up well over 100k's this week, the odd home brew story, Community Association stuff and Android TV boxes.

So what have I been up to the last week or so, most of the above!  Home Brew is off the agenda for a week or so but all the rest has kept me busy.

I have visited other people's places to help with their TV boxes, there has been the odd Community Association stuff and the general everyday maintenance stuff for the pool and the garden.

We have been here 15 years now so the once young 12 year old lass from across the road is now in her late 20's, has a family and has since broken up with several partners.  She rather likes the $50 android TV box I set up for her mum so she thought she would get one for the new boyfriend's family.  It arrived the other day so Dad promptly dropped it off at my place for me to set up for her.

It is an Xiaomi Mi Android TV, under $100 and one of best value for money boxes out there.  It is a true Android TV box, rather than a less expensive purely Android powered boxes available from China.  As such the android TV system it has is one especially designed for Android TV Boxes.  My Nvidia Shield is the same, you can't download any old app from Google Play to use.  It has to be an app especially suitable for specially designed Android TV Boxes.

The big difference is the Nvidia Shield is designed to operate without a mouse.  So if you try to download Firefox to the Nvidia Shield, the download is not available to the Shield as Firefox relies on a mouse!  The Xiaomi My Android TV box is the same.

Now of course where there is a will there is a way so there are roundabout ways to install these apps and to use a mouse.  So I have a little explaining to do later today when Rachael pops over to collect her newly set up Mi Android TV Box.

Trish caught up with Kathryn, our mid 30's single and just delightful Chiropractor last night to head off into Brisbane for a Show.  Kinky Boots I think she said it was.  She just loved it and had a great time.  On Tuesday night she headed off to her first "View Club" dinner, I had Community Association business Wednesday night, Trish went to a show Thursday night while I spent several hours Thursday afternoon helping a mate out with his TV box.  He is a happy chappy now after I finished.

Pool was up to 27° the other day and is consistently around 25° for my morning swim.  The weather has been warm and sultry.  Today is a little cooler with the promise of thunderstorms possibly later today but we can expect plenty of rain over the weekend.  The screenshot above seems to indicate there are thunderstorms around.

I have just finished watching a 10 episode TV series called "The Vietnam War".  The show totaled over 18 hours and I was glued to the screen.  Needless to say the background music for the series was wonderful with Bob Dylan stuff getting a good airing.  It is predicted to be one of the top TV series for 2017.  Needless to say it won't be on Channels 7, 9, or 10 here as it is too good for those stations.  So keep your eye open on the ABC or SBS.

I continue to communicate with GearBest over the dead TV dongle.  Their last email to me was to check I had it plugged into the right HDMI port on the TV.  This is despite it working fine for 6 days and then on day 7 when I turned it there was nothing!  But you play the game and go along with them.  Needless to say this is the down side to buying cheap electronics online.  But it's fun!

Speaking of which, I bought an FM transmitter which plugs into the car's cigarette lighter.  Both cars are pre Bluetooth connection technology so any music I wish to play has to be off the 6 stacker CD player.  The new FM transmitter is also Bluetooth enabled so my music options when travelling down to Melbourne have just been expanded enormously!  I can also listen to Melbourne Sports Radio as we drive along!  Nifty eh!

No comments: