Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Not a Lot of News

It has certainly become somewhat cooler the last few days after all the rain.  We managed another inch of the stuff over Saturday and Sunday but it has remained cool and dry since.  The pool dropped down to 21° or so after the rain and the cooler sunless days.  Today we are looking at 30 or so but thunderstorms are tipped to return on Thursday.

We are beginning to get our heads around our trip overseas in almost 3 weeks time.  Already I have dug out a couple of power plug converters and we are beginning to think about clothes, what is needed and what to pack.  After quite a few years my good old around the house "Rugger" shorts have worn out and I have had to get something new to replace them, just in time before heading overseas.

Despite the rain we caught up with our drinks friends again on Saturday night.  It was great fun and enjoyed by all.  Friends Kerry and Ian travel overseas frequently and have used Air Asia as their airline out of Coolangatta.  They gave us some good ideas for the night before we take off accommodation which we have booked.  There is a great 'Club' just across the road and the car Parking place is just down the road.

Needless to say Sunday was fairly quiet and we moved into "Recovery" mode.  With a busy time for us prior to Christmas my Home Brew situation has come under review.  I usually take a brew away with me when we drive to Melbourne so brewing will be a priority over the next week or so.  I have bottle washed this morning and will most likely put another brew straight after this one ready for the Melbourne trip.

I didn't bother with a bike ride this morning as I am driving up near Maroochydore to do a guy's TV Box for him.  I also bottle washed as the photo above shows.  I have just about got this TV Box set up organized now with a few files I can upload to quicken the setup process.

I did bike ride both Monday and Tuesday and expect to ride again for the final 2 days of the week.

The Sonata goes in for a service o Friday, ready for the Melbourne trip.

Speaking of which I suggested to Trish we fly to Melbourne for the first round of the footy next year.  I can get to a couple of matches and make better use of my MCC Membership.  But more importantly, the weather will be warmer than those cold days I endured at the footy in late August this year.

And I will make an effort to get to several days of the Melbourne Ashes Test match as well.

Bottle rinsing time so that is all for today!

No comments: