Wednesday, August 16, 2017

2000k's and a Nip!

It's beginning to get close to us setting off for 11 nights down in Melbourne.  We tend to book flights months in advance and usually associate their purchase with a 'special' deal.

So we fly out mid afternoon tomorrow (Thursday) for a couple of nights with Chris and Wendy close by to the airport then on Saturday Kim will drive us to Kate's for a week and then a final night (Sunday week) at Kim's before flying home on the Monday morning.

Kim is still without her 'own' car at this stage and is borrowing one for a few days.  But there is a St Kilda to the Airport bus service we can use as a backup service.  Seems a pretty good idea to us! The photo is of the bus just outside the entry to Luna Park which is a 5 to 10 minute walk from Kim's unit.

Parking has been booked at Brisbane Airport and all we now need to do is pack and be on our way around lunchtime tomorrow.

At this stage I am set to get to a couple of footy matches, both on Saturday afternoon and both at the MCG.  The top forecast temp of around 13° for Saturday along with a few showers isn't something I am looking forward to though.   I will see my team play the first week but not the second.  The second week is a Saturday night game which I hope to catch on TV.

Fortunately my tummy has settled down again and everything seems 'go' again. 

It is remarkably warm outside for this time of year with the top 20's as the predicted maximum.  But it's blowing a gale from the north west and is a little unpleasant outside.  But I did sneak in a shortish 12k bike ride which will be my last until we return in a week or so.  Despite the wind I clocked up another 12k's lifting my total K's ridden since beginning to count late January this year to over 2,000k's.

On the bike ride this morning I managed to stir up a magpie who has also been upset by the warm weather into believing it is spring and beginning the nesting season early.  He decided to swoop me from behind and took a light nip at my right ear as a part of the deal!

But that is about all the news really.  The rest would just be about Android TV boxes and helping people out with their installations of Kodi.

There is a big Windows 10 Update doing the rounds and it has a tendency to break a few things.  So I have been helping people out with getting stuff back to normal.

So the next post may come from Melbourne somewhere!


No comments: