Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Two Posts In Two Days!

It is well after 9am and I have just put my head outside to set off on my morning bike ride and saw there was a strong cold south westerly wind blowing.  When it comes to bike riding the words "strong" and "cold" when mentioned in the same sentence with "wind" are a huge turn off.  And so it was today.

I was a little later than normal in heading off as I was caught up with the Computer.  You see I received and installed the very large Windows 10 Creators Update yesterday  The update commenced around 12:15 pm and was all over well beyond 3:30 the same afternoon.

Updating anything on Windows is always laced with a little danger in that things will no longer work after the update when they were working perfectly beforehand.  And this was the case for me yesterday.  Sometimes after an update the printer no longer works or a program or two won't open. Usually it is a case of going to a website and downloading the new updated drivers and everything is fine again.

I am pleased to say the printer works fine but my email client Thunderbird received emails fine but no longer could send.  It took a reinstall of a brand new blank version of Thunderbird then the transference of some folders and email addresses from the old discarded Thunderbird profile across to the new before all was fine again.  I did need to re configure about 8 email accounts which tested my backup of email account passwords.

But all is now fine again with Thunderbird.

My trusty old wireless keyboard and mouse are now working again as well.  With the keyboard I have you can re allocate a keyboard key to do a specific task.  For example I can tap a key and the folder containing all my latest downloads opens automatically.  So that took 2 reinstalls this morning before I got it back up and running.

All this took a couple of hours to complete but now is all back and working 100%.

Needless to say it was great fun getting things up and running again.


No comments: