Friday, August 11, 2017

Around 28° Outside

Summer is just around the corner, or so it seems, with a gusty northwesterly and warm sunny day.  It is nudging 28° according to our little thermometre.  Shorts and T Shirts are the theme of the day and there is a feel of summertime in the air.

Despite the lovely weather and the forecast of similar for the next week or so, bike riding has not been on my agenda.  Though moving a little better now, there was a day or so when the item top left was where I was spending some time.  I have had a tummy bug which hit Wednesday morning and is still about today.  Bread rolls with margarine, a little fried rice, Vegemite sandwiches and anything else which is light on the tummy has been the order of the day.

But the last day or so I can now at least get out and about for a few hours at a time.  My home brew is off the menu as well, I just don't really feel like it!  So as you can imagine, bike riding is not a high priority right now.

But it has been the Community Association's Newsletter week which I now have all sorted and ready for printing. I managed a bottling Wednesday and even around to a friend's home to update his Nvidia Shield.  I have another one to do on Monday morning as well.

Trish's laptop has been a bit silly recently and her anti-virus Nod32 was playing up so I felt possibly a reinstall would fix it.  Every time I went to install a new version of Nod32, her laptop told me not to worry as Nod32 was already installed when I had uninstalled it earlier.  There were some small leftovers still on the system which lead the laptop to believe Nod32 was still there.

So today I decided to download the special Nod32 Uninstall Program.  I ran it on the laptop and it told me it needed to run in the Computer's Safe Mode.  The internet came to my rescue and told me how to get it into Safe mode using the run file msconfig.  This I did, changed the boot settings to "Safe Mode" and it worked perfectly.  The Nod32 Uninstall tool ran for 5 seconds and was done.

Usually a restart starts the Computer back in into its normal state.  But no not this time, it kept starting in Safe Mode.  I eventually worked it out and got it to restart normally.  But I was a little worried for a while.

Nod32 installed perfectly and all is OK again!

We head to Melbourne next week with socks to wear and long sleeved fleecy shirts as well.  But we will catch up with some family and friends and I will get to a couple of footy matches in the freezing MCG!  It should be good.  And we will get to enjoy great Asian food again, enough to whet our appetites for our trip to Malaysia in November.

Life's not too bad!


No comments: