Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Ouch

The photo is of my left knee.  The right elbow looks similar and there are a couple of toes which don't look so hot as well.

I have a badly bruised wrist to go with it all.  Yep, you've guessed it, it took a tumble from my bike.  It hurts more now than when I did it on Sunday morning.  After the tumble I rode for 23 kilometres.

When you make a turn on your bike you tend to lean into the turn to keep your balance.  So I was doing a bit of a turn and going down the angled gutter when the right pedal plowed into the front lawn. At that stage the bike stopped but I kept going hitting the roadway.

I only rode for a few k's yesterday (Monday) and didn't even bother today thinking I should give my injured bits a chance to recover.  But I should be ready by tomorrow to jump on the bike again.

I mentioned in a recent post that the purchase of the laptop on Ebay fell through.  Ebay had another 15% off EOFY deal going on Friday so this time I got a brand new i5 with 8GB ram for just under $600 delivered for the Arts Centre Association.  It looks like it will arrive tomorrow.  We got a refund for the initial purchase and costs for the 'newer' laptop came out of the refund.

Trish will be reimbursed by the Arts Centre Association for this new laptop.

We are expecting Kate Arj and family to roll in from their 1850k drive from Melbourne sometime from mid afternoon tomorrow Wednesday.  From where they are right now (Moree), it is still another 6 hours to get here.  We have suggested they stop there overnight and drive on here tomorrow.  Moree has heated spring pools and is great place to stop, relax and have a swim.

So the lawn has been mown, blow up beds have been blown up and Trish's Office and sewing room is back to being a bed room.  I think everyone is excited about the impending visit.

No comments: