Thursday, July 13, 2017

Family Returned to Melbourne

Kate, Arj and the family have returned to Melbourne after spending time with us here on the Sunshine Coast during their mid year school holidays.  We were delighted to see them and hope they enjoyed a brief spell of sunshine and warmer weather up here as well.  We did have the odd wet and cool day despite this being the driest time of the year.

They managed a couple of trips to the beach for a swim but I think James was the only one who braved the July water temperatures.  However the sea water is still around 21° and is much warmer than our pool.

Charli had a medical appointment on Thursday back in Melbourne so they intended a couple of nights stopover on their return trip by car.  The plan was for a final 300k drive on Wednesday and  get home around lunchtime.  But upon their arrival in Tocumwal late in the afternoon, the prospect of another three hours on the road and a mere 300k's followed by a night in their own beds was too great. 

So they completed the return trip in just 2 days.  Kate has also discovered that you don't arrive in Melbourne after 11 hours on the road around 5pm and peak traffic time.  But experience is a great teacher and that won't happen again.

Meanwhile our lives have returned to normal.  I am still nursing wounds to my knee and an elbow as well as my left wrist following the fall from my bike around 10 days ago.  As I get older I tend to use my arms and elbows to get up from chairs so the graze on my right elbow is causing me the most grief.  Though on bike rides, the left wrist, which still shows a little bruising, can ache for a while.

I have managed several bike rides since the family has returned to Melbourne but the cooler weather and sometimes windy conditions make the first kilometre of each ride a bit of a chore.  But once out and on my way I continue to do over 15k's a day.  One day I even rode after lunch when it was decidedly warmer.

Android TV boxes continue to keep me busy as well helping friends out while the Kodi landscape settles down after recent legal threats to major players.  The better addons have gone and now been replaced by others or have changed homes and are again accessible.

I am now spending a little more time with people and getting them to do any updates.  Hopefully with videos etc on the web on how to do things with Kodi, people will be able to do stuff for themselves rather than me pop around every other week to update stuff.

It is a little warmer outside right now so the bike beckons for another ride.

No comments: