Sunday, January 22, 2017

Some Relief

I will admit with all the concrete, pavers and rocks in our backyard and absolutely no grass tends to ensure the backyard temperature is a little higher than what it actually is. So this reading of over 40° was a slight exaggeration at a little after midday on Saturday.  The cooler inside temperature seen in the lower section is from our loungeroom with the air con going!

The 44% humidity is relatively low for this part of the world.  Then soon after a cool change began to roll in and by 9pm the temp was down to 25° but the humidity was up to almost 70%.  There were 8mls of rain in the rain gauge and all the windows and doors had been flung open and the air con switched off.

As you can imagine it still remained warm indoors after the lengthy period of above average heat and accompanying humidity the last week or so has offered.

Today will get to around 30° with a cooler south easterly blowing in off the sea.  The ceiling fans will adequately cope with any warmth there may be and the house will remain open all day giving it another chance to cool down.  It will be like this for the next week or so.

However I can truly say any discomfort from the heat we may have had to endure over the last week was nothing to what we experienced in Saudi Arabia or Dubai last year!

Not a lot has been happening.  I had computer club yesterday (Saturday) and was kept busy.  We have some extremely smart computer people at the club and there continue to be times when I just have no idea on how to solve a problem but I know that someone there with much more expertise than me is able to help.

With all the cricket and tennis on the TV, there is minimal time for movie or TV shows watching on the TV Box.  We have really enjoyed a couple of episodes of Richard Attenborough's documentary "The Earth II" when the chance permits.  It is due to play on Free To Air TV here in a few weeks but is available everywhere on line.  There is some spectacular scenery.

We also have the pleasure of enjoying it all without any advertising.

My new Nvidia Shield TV box I have ordered from the U.S. has landed in Australia according to the tracking information.  It is to be handed over to Australia Post for delivery.  So it takes almost a week to get from the US to here, then another week to get from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast!

I also have a new phone on the way, one I ordered from China.  It went from China to Geneva.  The last I heard was that it had left Geneva about 5 days ago.  I have no idea where it is at the moment.  I bought it using Paypal so I know I have some protection should the parcel go astray.

So I have the following items to be delivered sometime over the next week or so.  Button batteries I need to charge up the front door bell, a cover and screen saver for the new phone, the new phone itself, my Nvidia Shield media player and an all in one controller for android TV boxes.  Now you know why I keep my ears open for the postie or I need the front doorbell working well in case there is a parcel delivery!

On top of this there is a very minor problem with my LazyBoy recliner chair.  There is a 10 year warranty on it so it will be fixed under warranty.  I have a couple of people to catch up with in regard to their TV Boxes and we are having the mob around for Australia Day celebrations on Thursday.

I did get a new brew on late last week as well so this week will see the compulsory bottle washing and bottling.  For this brew I will use larger 1.25 bottles which makes bottle washing and bottling much less of a chore!

A busy week is in store. 

No comments: