Friday, August 19, 2016

Where Did That Week Go?

My footy team is known to run hot and cold throughout 2016.  They remain in contention for this year's premiership though not the top ranked team.  They play well against the top sides and not so well against some of the lower teams.  Last week they played one of the lower teams, a team they were expected to defeat comfortably.

So when they were 6 goals down with just one quarter to go I did something that I don't usually do, I turned the TV off and went to do a further setup the new Android TV Box.  I turned the telly back on around 30 minutes later and saw that they had hit the front and then went on to win narrowly!

No wonder I suffered some stress related problems!  I don't think I will be buying a late air ticket down to Melbourne for the finals though!

The neighbour's $50 Sunvell Android TV Box arrived at last over the weekend and we did a swap.  I got the new box, he retained my 'old' one as he had his favorites and everything all set up.

I have been setting the cheap box up all week and about now I have it going pretty well.  This one has a good power on/off light at the front, can be turned off via the remote, starts very well without any hiccups and playback is as good as the $180 Minix.

An important advantage of the Sunvell is it is controlled via Infra Red remote controls, while the Minix is controlled by Wireless Remote.  This means I can teach the remote control signals to my Logitech all in one remote control and not be picking up or putting down two or three remotes or wireless keyboards.

I just push the Sunvell Activity button on the Logitech all in one remote, it turns the Sunvell on, it switches the TV and Amp on an then selects the input on the TV to the Tuner Amplifier, the Tuner/Amp selects the appropriate Tuner/Amp source and off we go!  One push of the Activity button and we have action!

As we said earlier, Kate Arj and family are now back in their own home and their stuff from storage and from Saudi is slowly being put back in place.  The fridge now works again and doesn't short out the whole house, the TV is back and running, the internet is to be connected on Monday and slowly but surely they are settling back into their Australian suburban way of life.

To add an extra pair of hands to assist with setting things up, Trish flew down to Melbourne yesterday (Thursday) to spend around 10 days with them helping where she can.  I stayed back on the Sunny Coast mainly to keep out of their way.

Kim has my old android TV box and is now able to play all the file formats I can send her on a small 32GB I pack with files.  She copies them over to a hard drive then posts the stick back to me for another load up!  It seems to be working OK at the moment.

I have managed a bike ride on several mornings this week but there have been some wet mornings with an early morning shower really making bike riding uncomfortable. One morning there were 9mls in the gauge.

And of course there was the brew to bottle wash for and then bottle this morning.  There always seems to be something to do!

No comments: