Sunday, August 21, 2016

Learning Something New Each Day

My involvement with Android TV Boxes continues to take a major part in what I get involved with day to day.  I can also add that most days I learn something new about them.

The cheap box I now have just doesn't do the higher end audio quite as well as the better quality (and almost 4x the price) as my Minix does.  There is the occasional little glitch when listening to higher end streamed videos with Dolby Digital sound.  The glitch can be hit and miss with some Dolby Digital audio streams playing perfectly while others have a little miss every 20 seconds or so.

However the $50 box is a little more friendly for most people to use.

Kodi continues to impress me more and more as well.  The photo shows me watching the channel 9 Footy Show 'live' from Melbourne when I streamed it this morning on the cheap box.  That's it in the lower left of the photo.  It was a "HD" stream so the picture quality was great.

A neighbour I showed Kodi to on his laptop a week or so ago went out and bought an android TV box online.  It was delivered late Friday afternoon and he was keen for me to help him set it up.  I left Computer Club a little earlier Saturday morning and set it up for him before I eventually got back home for some lunch and to enjoy the footy on TV.

Then we had around 12mls of rain yesterday afternoon as our nice warm weather was swept away by a blustery southerly change which brought the rain and then the nippier weather.

The bike ride this morning was delayed until the day warmed up a little but I still managed my 12.5 k's.

I have more footy this afternoon on telly so the rest of the day is sorted!

No comments: