Thursday, August 25, 2016

4 Doesn't Equal 40

With a promise of periods of rain and up to 40mls throughout the day yesterday (Weds), immediately a 12k bike ride went off the agenda and a day of lounging about watching the odd movie or two and just doing as little as possible took over.

It blew a gale, the day was gray with overcast clouds and every now again there was a hint of rain.  It eventually did begin to rain but the 4mls I tipped out of the rain gauge this morning shows the expected 40mls just didn't happen.

I felt a bit of a tweak in my back Tuesday afternoon and by lunchtime Wednesday I had an appointment with the Chiro sorted for Friday, the earliest I could get in.  The Mobic came to the rescue but I still need to be wary as to exactly just what I do.

I did a little tidying up with the stick vac and the broom today but the effort of a sweeping motion isn't good for me.

A couple of my preferred download sites are offline at the moment so I have been trying unsuccessfully to find some alternatives.  But I will continue to look.  There are heaps of "Scene Release" sites but very few which target my preferred HEVC file formats. The icon top left is of TV_Release which hasn't updated for almost a week now!

And of course there are lots and lots of forums on all this sort of stuff that I like to keep an eye on and learn from others all over the place.

Trish is still in Melbourne and I guess most of the getting unpacked has now happened.  Trish heads home on Monday and I am to pick her up from Brisbane around midday.

Someone is coming around this afternoon checking out downloading stuff, putting it onto your network  and then accessing it.  He is fairly new to it all and doesn't have much of a background with home wireless networks and just what they can do.

The el cheapo Android TV Box I bought works 90%, I have discovered it doesn't handle high end sound tracks all that well and when they play back via the amplifier there is a slight 'tick' every 10 seconds or so.  We generally use the box with our headphones.  These headphones don't handle Dolby Digital or the like at all so for our everyday TV watching and listening it isn't a problem.

Ah well, one quick perusal over the latest downloads and by then Mike should have arrived!

No comments: